Safari 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Safari 4

Post by Dojan5 on Mon Mar 02 2009, 14:30

I just noticed that Safari 4 have been released as a public BETA a few days ago.
I HAD to make a post.

Since I have been using Safari 4 for quite some time now, I was really excited to see the public BETA.
I have to say, WOW!
When I first opened it there was a nifty little intro video greeting me to Safari 4. Then I was greeted with the sites I visit the most.
I noticed that you can easily search through the history in a Spotlight and Coverflow is manner, really AMAZING!
It does remind me a little about Google Chrome, but so far the features I've seen on Safari 4 have been MUCH better.
You can pin sites to the page with the most visited items. You can (as usual) drag out the tabs to create a new window. As usual you can open the Activity monitor to see what is running on the current webpage, heck you can even download YouTube movies using the activity monitor. Every thing straight out of the box!!!
The public BETA version is far much more stable than the closed was, and I was content with the closed BETA.
You HAVE to try it!
You can download it on http://www.apple.com/Safari it's for Mac and Windows.
And here are some screenies.

Read rules before posting.
Dojan5

Number of posts : 1990
Runecats Explorer Version : Zeox Pro
Runecats Reputation : 7
Male Age : 23
Registration date : 2008-04-16

View user profile http://www.k-designs.co.nr

Back to top Go down

Re: Safari 4

Post by Support on Mon Mar 02 2009, 18:53

I tried to try it a few days ago, however the safari logo bounced then crashed everytime I tried to load it, so i had to uninstall. I have thought about have a cover flow style browsing experience for a long time now and I am glad someone has finally done it.

I think the layout of safari is very similar to chrome and I think thats a bad thing as Apple are much better than that and should come up with there own layout.

However overall it LOOKS good as I am unable to get it to work Razz

Support
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5000
Roccat Version : 6.6 BETA
Runecats Explorer Version : 1.8 BETA
Runecats Reputation : 32

View user profile http://runecats.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dojan5 on Tue Mar 03 2009, 03:44

Cats11112 wrote:I tried to try it a few days ago, however the safari logo bounced then crashed everytime I tried to load it, so i had to uninstall. I have thought about have a cover flow style browsing experience for a long time now and I am glad someone has finally done it.

I think the layout of safari is very similar to chrome and I think thats a bad thing as Apple are much better than that and should come up with there own layout.

However overall it LOOKS good as I am unable to get it to work Razz
That is very odd...
However, I found an awful bug with Safari 4. If you have it installed, you can not chat as usual in MSN:Mac. Some people report problems with Hotmail too.
Each time you have typed a sentence in MSN:Mac you will have to click the window and the box where you type stuff again as it stops being highlighted each time you press enter.
The Layout is OK. I like how it has this layout which is preserved (before it grew and shrunk with the tabs, somewhat annoying) but I do agree it is way too similar to Chrome.
The overall experience so far have been great. The JavaScript execution has been improved DRASTICALLY. And the browsing have gotten even faster. The worlds fastest browser just got faster.

Read rules before posting.
Dojan5

Number of posts : 1990
Runecats Explorer Version : Zeox Pro
Runecats Reputation : 7
Male Age : 23

View user profile http://www.k-designs.co.nr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content